It is the homeowner or contractor’s responsibility to call 811 prior to beginning any digging or excavation at your home or construction worksite. When underground utility lines are damaged, lives and property are unnecessarily put at risk. Alaska Digline is a statewide, free service that locates underground utility lines. Simply dial 811 two days prior to digging. The utility will locate all underground piping in your area, free of charge.
Learn more about what 811 can do for you.
We’re excited to announce ENSTAR’s Second Annual “Call Before You Dig” Kids’ Art Contest. This art contest is open to all K-6th grade students in the MatSu Borough, Anchorage Municipality, and Kenai Peninsula Borough School Districts. Its purpose is to help spread the word on the importance of calling 811 and safe digging practices in Alaska.
In creating the artwork, children should think about these questions:
- What number should parents, neighbors, and relatives call before they dig?
- When should parents, neighbors, and relatives call 811?
- Why is it important for parents, neighbors, and relatives to call 811 before they dig?
The contest is open from April 1 – 30th. One winner from each school district will be chosen on May 3rd. The artwork will be judged on clear messaging, original design, and artistic merit. The winning student will receive an Amazon gift card and earn a pizza party for their whole class!
Important Entry Requirements and Notifications:
- The student’s artwork must be accompanied by the completed signed Parental Release.
- Only one entry per student.
- Artwork must be 100% produced by the student.
- Artwork can be a painting or drawing. Tip: Use color in your design!
- ENSTAR Natural Gas reserves the right to copy and modify any entry for reproduction. Entries will not be returned and may be used for future promotional opportunities.