Connect to Natural Gas
Natural gas is an economical, efficient and environmentally friendly energy solution for your home or business. Whether you are building a new home, improving an existing home, or simply replacing appliances, consider natural gas. It’s the right solution.
As your energy provider, ENSTAR has a team of Marketing Representatives available to assist you with answers to your energy questions and solutions that will provide immediate energy savings.
Natural gas will save you dollars, time and effort. Contact the Marketing Department today for fuel and appliance comparisons.
Steps for Connecting to Natural Gas
- Contact the Marketing Department in your area to determine if natural gas is available at your property. You must have your lot, block and subdivision information.
- Fill out and submit the correct online residential or commercial service line application below:
Anchorage Residential Service Line Application
Mat-Valley Residential Service Line Application
Kenai Peninsula Residential Service Line Application
Homer Residential Service Line Application
Anchorage Commercial Service Line Application
Mat-Valley Commercial Service Line Application
Kenai Peninsula Commercial Service Line Application
Homer Commercial Service Line Application
- Schedule an appointment with the Marketing Representative in your area to complete the application process and to pay your charges.
- ENSTAR will obtain utility locates for your property and any permits required for installation of the line to your structure. During peak season, installation normally occurs 2-4 weeks after receipt of your paid application. Installation time may vary depending on receipt of required permits.
- Within a few days of the utility locate, an ENSTAR crew will install the service line from the street to your structure. For new construction, a service line can be installed once the foundation is complete and backfilled to within 6 inches of final grade.
- Your heating contractor will connect your house piping to the meter bar outlet. The contractor also completes a pressure test of the piping system and installs your gas equipment or appliances.
- Once these steps are complete, contact Customer Service to schedule a meter set.